Current Topics Of Interest
Example-Review Engagement Report
To (person engaging the public accountant)
1We have reviewed the balance sheet of ............................... as at ..................., 19... and the statements of income, retained earnings and changes in financial position for the year then ended.
2Our review was made in accordance with generally accepted standards for review engagements and accordingly consisted primarily of inquiry, analytical procedures and discussion related to information provided to us by the company3.
4A review does not constitute an audit and consequently we do not express an audit opinion on these financial statements.
5Based on our review, nothing has come to our attention that causes us to believe that these financial statements are not, in all material respects, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Identify Statements-The statements reviewed by the Chartered Accountant will be listed.
- Nature Of Review-The scope, including a reference to review standards, is described.
- Indentify Source Of Information-The source of the information used in the preparation of the financial statements, and on which the financial statements are based, is identified.
- State No Audit Performed-The Chartered Accountant clearly states that no audit opinion is being expressed.
- Negative Assurance-This form of reporting informs the reader that, although sufficient evidence has not been obtained to enable the Chartered Accountant to express an audit opinion, a review has been completed in accordance with standards established by the Canadian Institute Of Chartered Accountants and nothing has come to the attention of the Chartered Accountant that causes him or her to believe that the information being reported on is not, in all material respects, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Copyright © Ormsby & Mackan, Chartered Accountants
Please read our disclaimer